 Off-Topic / Debate / 24008
Re: From Reason: "It's all bad news - Chaos in occupied Iraq"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 20:52:01 GMT

   This post is rather long. Sorry about that, for anyone who’s following.

   On what basis do you declare these people to be psychotic, inhuman and irrational?

View the horrific video of these people screaming “Allah is the Greatest!” as one of them slowly slices off the head of an innocent human being and then holding up the severed head as a trophy and answer your own question.

Once caught, I wonder if they will be subjected to a 1-hour show trial?

Well, I watched the entire “beheading” video, and honestly it’s not particularly more horrifying that the pictures from Abu Ghraib. Yes, it’s a brutal, premeditiated act, but at least it wasn’t an institutional (and, apparently, officially endorsed) effort to dehumanize the very people we’ve been claiming to liberate.

Scott A