 Off-Topic / Debate / 23894
23893  |  23895
Subject:
crime rates in NY and London
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 20:52:33 GMT

Ran across this article trolling for info about the Google IPO, if you can
believe it.

I can't comment on the accuracy(1) but I did find it interesting.

http://www.techcentralstation.com/012003M.html

In particular I found this quote QUITE interesting:

" As Eli Lehrer, a crime expert at the American Enterprise Institute said after
he investigated the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports, “the most likely
person to kill you is your fellow drug dealer.” "

Take the money out of drug dealing and maybe you'll cut the murder rate???

1 - anecdotally I do agree with some of the observations though.