 Off-Topic / Debate / 23788
Re: Amusing--maybe better suited for OT-Fun?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:37:10 GMT

   From The Onion, of course:

Libertarian Reluctantly Calls Fire Department CHEYENNE, WY—After attempting to contain a living-room blaze started by a cigarette, card-carrying Libertarian Trent Jacobs reluctantly called the Cheyenne Fire Department Monday. “Although the community would do better to rely on an efficient, free-market fire-fighting service, the fact is that expensive, unnecessary public fire departments do exist,” Jacobs said. “Also, my house was burning down.” Jacobs did not offer to pay firefighters for their service.

see here

BTW: Libertarianism rejects the notion of “community” as a liberal fantasy... there is only “me me me” in Libertarianism. ;)

Scott A