 Off-Topic / Debate / 23646
23645  |  23647
Subject:
Anti-Bush Liberal US Media - Proof at last!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:48:26 GMT

Anti-Bush US Media?

Tyler Crotty, a 13-year-old from Florida, has whipped up a surprisingly big storm in the US, considering that all he did was yawn.

Fatefully, though, Tyler chose to express his overwhelming sense of tedium - yawning, checking his watch and staring at his feet - while standing on a podium just behind George Bush as the president spoke at a Republican party rally.

Footage of the bored teenager was screened this week on David Letterman’s nightly talk show. CNN quickly told its viewers that the White House had assured them the tape was a fake.

but later

“It turns out, due to what we might say was a misunderstanding among the folks who are usually so fantastic behind me here in the newsroom, it turns out that was not true,” CNN anchor Daryn Kagan said on air. “The White House, it turns out, I guess never did call us about the tape.

I think it’s great that the newsroom was willing to step in and do their patriotic duty; particularly given that this is an election year!

Scott A