 Off-Topic / Debate / 23624
23623  |  23625
Subject:
Of some interest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:36:06 GMT

Here’s yet another example of one of Dubya’s not-quite-a-lie prevarications:

had my administration had any information that terrorists were going to attack New York City on Sept. 11, we would have acted,” Bush said.

No kidding. And if it’s later found out that Dubya knew for certain that Al Qaeda intended to destroy the WTC in September, he can afterwards claim “Well, I never claimed that we didn’t know Al Qaeda would attack the WTC at some point in September, but we were correct in claiming that we had no information that Al Qaeda would attack New York City itself on exactly September 11.” This is the kind of stinking, dishonest rhetoric that causes people to hate Dubya. He claims to be a moral leader with integrity, but we have yet to see him demonstrate either morality or integrity.

So here’s an article that gave me pause. Apparently, Dubya et al decided that Al Qaeda was not a threat worth worrying about just five months before they attacked the WTC. This is especially interesting, of course, because we’ve seen numerous intelligence briefings predating 9/11/01 that clearly indicated the possibility that Al Qaeda would do exactly that.

Hmm...

Dave!