 Off-Topic / Debate / 23529
Re: The absurdity of American pop culture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:14:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Orion Pobursky wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/16/georgecarlin.indecency.ap/index.html

Count on George Carlin to point out the hipocracy of American society.  Maybe if
the US government stopped perpetuating the cycle of fear we all be better off.

-Orion

I'm not sure how to resolve the conflicts in the subject header, the actual
article, the inferences you draw from it, and Carlin's conclusion, "Society can
be counted on to let this fade."  :-)