 Off-Topic / Debate / 23419
Re: Have You Been Proselytized Lately???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:34:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Adrian Egli wrote:
The media has been doing a lot of talk lately since the opening of "The Passion
of the Christ" but something happened to me the other day and am wondering if
anyone else has seen this "more often than usual" since the film opened.

I use public transit a lot and was riding the San Diego trolley the other day to
go out to a favorite beach.  Well, generally speaking, riding the trolley is a
quite place (exception being kids going to/from school) on the weekdays.  But
not the other day.

Two guys who had seen TPotC just had this long and loud talk of christian
theology (one spoke so loudly I thought this guy must be a preacher in a church
or something) and passing around flyers for a retreat this weekend. I just
played it as safe as I could and ignored the guys to the Nth degree (They were
both sitting next to me but I had a window seat to look out of ("whew")).

Adr.

Hmm. This sounds just like what happened here in Scotland after Braveheart
(another Mel Gibson film) was released. ;-)

Scott A