 Off-Topic / Debate / 23391
  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) So isn't now the perfect time for a more stealthy chopper? I think the misson requirements could be re-orientated toward todays needs but I don't think the whole program needs to be scrapped. (...) Were'nt large parts of both gulf wars (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) Dude, do you even know anything about the "Comanche"? It is a scout/attack helicopter. The "Apache" and "Cobra" can both carry more weapons than it, and the "Kiowa" is still capable as a scout platform. Why waste more money on this clearly (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) No! Germany has no nukes. I got a little carried away. I just love their Leopord tanks. :-) (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) I know enough about the Commanche. It is stealthier, with a much reduced noise signature, it's also smaller. If it's less detectable and harder to hit then it's got to be better. And I did say it should be reworked for today's missons. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) Again, you're missing the point. The "Comanche" is meant to fight in an electronic-warface environment against TANKS! Even before that, it is a reconnaissance helicopter... Meaning it tries to avoid engagements and simply watches the enemy. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) Israel’s fine soldiers certainly do a good job shooting women & children. Do they get medals for that? (...) I'm not sure about their tanks, but know they lack "nukes". (...) Correct! We have nothing to prove. Scott A (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) Please, enough blood has been spilled in that area that the blame game becomes irrelevant. I was simply referring to the performance of the Israelis during the numerous wars they had since Israel's statehood. For such a small group of men and (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Commanche Helicopter

(...) “Besieged” by whom? Jordan? Egypt? Lebanon? Syria? Israel is a regional superpower whose current position is in no small part due to it's belligerence, nationalism and greed for land. I have no respect for the IDF; it does not take courage to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)