 Off-Topic / Debate / 23365
    Re: To change the tune... —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) I doubt it. After we back-stabbed him like that? He came to us and asked permission to invade Kuwait. We told him officially, and on the record, that we had no opinion on his minor border dispute. As soon as he committed we mobilized and (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: To change the tune... —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) You'll have to quote me some source for that sequence of events - it sounds like the Official Saddam Version. And yes, even if that's the real undisputed sequence (which I'll bluntly say that I doubt), he'd still do it in a heartbeat. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)