 Off-Topic / Debate / 23238
    Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada! —Larry Pieniazek
   What follows is not my best writing... I used a lot of that up today working on deliverables for my client and for BrickFest PDX. But it's a great topic and I wanted to take one more swing before I went to bed... (...) I know Chris didn't completely (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada! —Scott Arthur
     (...) It is improbable, but not impossible. Surely, the key must then be that you should have the respect of your kids before you encounter your extreme life-or-death scenario? We don’t share the same culture or kids, but for me beating children is (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada! —Christopher L. Weeks
   Larry, I did think that Nik was a courteous young man. And I don't mean to suggest that you can not get acceptable, even good, results in turning a child into an adult with corporal punishment as a tool. I was spanked. I'm OK. But I do question how (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)