 Off-Topic / Debate / 23046
    Re: Justice for all..... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Good example. The system has been set up to exempt tickets from due process, in my view, because they say driving is a priv, and it's not a criminal offence but rather a civil infraction and a bunch of other stuff. That's their explanation, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Justice for all..... —Don Heyse
   (...) In some states, driving has been argued to be more of a right than a privledge. I don't actually know how they work it in the EU, so maybe it's not the best example, but it was easy to lay out. (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)