 Off-Topic / Debate / 22731
22730  |  22732
Subject:
As they said, something you don't see every day...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:33:15 GMT

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=77402

"
Here's something you don't see every day.

You always hear about the "by one vote" legends. Well, In Portage County in
Ohio, here's an amusing election result.

TALLMADGE CITY COUNCIL - WARD 2*
ONE TO BE ELECTED
ROBERT D. MAGUIRE DEM 1 100.00
DENNIS THOMPSON REP 0

Please note: The number after Dem is the total number of votes for that
candidate, as is the number after Rep. That info is as of 10am.
"

I clicked on the link and spent the next half hour reading the results--do you
guys in the States vote like this every time?

Issue 26--to increase the monies given to dog catchers 500 thousand dollars over
3 years

for 345
agaist 502 (1)

Seriously, trustees, councillors, mayors, dog catchers, judges, issues...

What don't you vote on?

I saw one of your voting sheets once and was aghast!  Two sided nespaper sized
with squares and issues and check boxes and lists o' people...  Is it like this
all the time?

Dave K
1-made up to make a point--not actual issue