 Off-Topic / Debate / 22549
Re: WARNING, VERY DISTURBING IMAGES (was Re: Holy crap! )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:37:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   horrifying images

Why should the horrors of real war be off-topic for off-topic?

I couldn’t willingly look extensively at that material right now, but a brief look at the front page told me enough.

OBL? At large. People beyond the very small group in the U.S. that plotted 9-11? At large.

Saddam (no connection to 9-11, just another supposed target)? At large.

Cost in human lives and suffering in the U.S., Afghanistan, and Iraq? Beyond measure.

This is where words fail me...

-- Hop-Frog

Wish I had the transcript of Tina’s news report from SNL a few weeks back--A list of things Dubya hasn’t been able to find.

These days it’s gone beyond agonizing frustration when I read about the deaths of soldiers. For what?

Is there anymore a point to this madness? At one time there was a point--a bold set of lies to be sure, but it was at least a mirage of a point. What have we now?

Madness.

And yet you support the notion that these people (the government) should be the only ones with weapons.

I’m sorry it had to be said.

-Mike Petrucelli

Well, the armed forces, the police, the reserves... any group that’s “well regulated”.

Again I’d like any logical justification of private ownership of guns and how that would prevent this sort of thing.

Oh wait, you own your guns and Iraq still happened, the redistricting of Texas still happened, Ahnold was still elected, companies are still taking their factories off-shore, Dubya is still a moron.

I’m sorry, but that had to be said.

Dave K