 Off-Topic / Debate / 22442
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:07:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl wrote:
But you'll never GET such an apology.  John is such a PRIDEful Xtian (oops, that's a
sin, innit), that he'll never admit that his religion started out of (i.e., is based
on), and continues to breed, violence and death.  He's a Xtian Bigot, and nothing
you argue will ever change his bigoted mind.

As far as Christianity breeding violence and death, I don't see it.

I second that!

People •  aren't perfect, and to expect Christians to act perfectly is a little over the
top.  And the "Christians" who persist to act in evil ways are rebuked by other
Christians.

Which (in a world wide perspective) is certainly not the case with some other
religions.

Further, the above statement shows a complete lack of knowledge regarding the
number of persecuted Christians world-wide.  They are the VICTIMS of violence
and persecution; not the other way around.

Also Christian societies lend themselves to the freedoms and debates allowed
within this news group.  You don't see millions of Americans oppressed by the
religious systems (including atheism) of China, India, and the Middle East.

Justin