 Off-Topic / Debate / 2238
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:57:42 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Just trying to inject a little levity, Scott, which Sproat riffed on. I
wouldn't interpret that post as anything other than as a response to me,
so if you want to be annoyed, be annoyed at me.

Larry, I don't think you could ever really annoy me, I have been saying go Larry
to much on your responses, even with the pink elephants. :)

As to the more substantive issues, hey I like to debate as much as the
next guy, but have we beaten most of these topics to death this round?
(debate here seems to go in waves. Something sets off a wave, it crests,
then ebbs. Most topics get touched on by several posters with different
viewpoints.)

Oh, it does go around. I get frustrated with unnecessary tangents, ones in which
Jeremy seems to strive on.

Given that 1 post with 2 points in it can spawn 2 or 3 on average, each
with 2 points of their own, and so on, it's inevitable that some points
go unaswered (especially if they are restatements of a theme, or
additional examples).

Yes, but he had the original posts, and the points were made, clarity was added
when asked, and most of them still went ignored. That is what got to me, I
guess.

I probably have 100 points I COULD respond to right now but suspect that
at this point, in this wave, I've said my piece for the most part... not
to say I could not get re-engaged by something but you get my drift, no?

I do as well. I try to avoid some, and then get sucked into it again!

Summing up my viewpoint:

People are usually basically good, people have rights because they're
human, all rights are property rights, societal organization schemes
incent and disincent certain behaviours, free association and free
markets are the best way for to organize a society to incent behaviours
that honor those rights, most specific problems or questions can be
analysed using a rights based approach, Rights are to behaviours and
strivings, not to free goods. Everything else follows from that.

You go Larry! :)

Oh, and PS, there is no god, but I could be convinced to believe in pink
elephants, enough of them have been appearing to me lately to make me
wonder.

Well, I happen to believe in God (Not to force it and debate it with you, Larry,
I got your point a long time ago! :) ) , but I tend to think pink elephants are
mostly Republican (Or elephant heads, as you like to call them) women who like
to wear pink! ;)

It is frustrating sometimes to be twisted out of context so much, and then gloat
how wonderful the twisting is. Thanks for the post, Larry, I feel much better
now. I think I will indulge my ABS fix tonight, however!

Scott S.

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”