 Off-Topic / Debate / 22354
    Re: Art? or Theft? or just signs that NPR is damaged. —Tim David
   (...) how about companies that are run for the benefit of the stock/shareholders to the detriment of service to the customer? This is endemic in companies that supply services to the public sector, especially where the service was previously (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Art? or Theft? or just signs that NPR is damaged. —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) How about them? In a free market, they won't be in business very long, will they? (...) Perhaps you can elaborate a bit on what exactly you're getting at. (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Art? or Theft? or just signs that NPR is damaged. —Tim David
   (...) Sorry, I'm not really being relevant. Just a bit p****d off with the government privatising and contracting out stuff. I can't see how it can cost less or be better as at the end of the day some of the money has to go to shareholders. In the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Art? or Theft? or just signs that NPR is damaged. —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) In general, or at specific naff implementations? (...) I'm not sure quite how far back to go to answer this. Do you deny that it's even possible for a private firm to do something more efficiently than a government? If you do, we have no basis (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)