 Off-Topic / Debate / 22303
  Israel is Losing

I found this interesting... (URL) not sure I agree with this, viscerally... "The only places where a Western culture has successfully transplanted itself are those where great population pressure and genocidal methods were used to extirpate the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Israel is Losing

(...) I don't mean to be flip about this very serious issue, but such is the nature of conquest. People of other cultures may not automatically see the advantages of another way of life -- in fact those supposed advantages may be mitigated by (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Israel is Losing

(...) Neither can I. I don't think it is 'western' culture thing either, after all if you've already got a culture why would you need to adopt someone else's. If you go back in history then all the 'great civilisations' were either created through (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)