 Off-Topic / Debate / 2229
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:54:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <37DFA51E.EF0A5623@voyager.net>...
OK, who "lost"(1) this debate? Scott because he officially said the word
"Nazi" first, or Sproat, who mentioned "Nurenburg Defense" which,
although it does not explicitly contain the word, is clearly related?

If it wasn't Sproat (judges, do we have a ruling?) does he get style
points for inciting Scott to go out of bounds, or does he get an
admonition for flagrant provocation?

<BIG HUGE GRIN>

  That was a cheap trick on Sproat's part.  Without actually coming out and
saying it, he got Scott to say it.  So its cheating, no doubt about it, and
Sproat loses (anyway, I agreed with Scott's take on orders, in case you were
wondering).

Now see... THIS would be fun to debate. All that murder stuff is just
too unfun...

1 - under defacto Usenet rules which say that the first person to
mention Nazis or Hitler automatically loses a debate, no matter what the
topic. :-)

   I thought it was just Hitler, so its encompasses all Nazis now?  Has it
always been this way and I just didn't know, or not?

--
   Have fun!
   John  (who has a few things to learn about Netiquette)