 Off-Topic / Debate / 22232
    Iraqi reconstruction funding —Larry Pieniazek
   From: (URL) Bush administration strongly opposes using loans for the Iraqi reconstruction request." Why shouldn't Iraq pay for this, exactly? Take me through this logic again? "It argues that Iraq's $200 billion debt is already more than it can (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Iraqi reconstruction funding —Richard Marchetti
   (...) I like your thinking on this, Lar. I'm with you 100%. Of course, the "powers that be" might have a different view of these ideas. It makes one want to inquire as to their motives, of course. (...) What people? The future consumers of Iraq, you (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)