 Off-Topic / Debate / 22156
22155  |  22157
Subject:
Kennedy's 'Texas' remark stirs GOP reaction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:21:18 GMT

Kennedy’s ‘Texas’ remark stirs GOP reaction

http://cnn.allpolitics.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&expire=-1&urlID=7597368&fb=Y&partnerID=2001

He said Bush officials had failed to account for $1.5 billion of the $4 billion the war costs each month, citing a recent report by the Congressional Budget Office.

“My belief is this money is being shuffled all around to these political leaders in all parts of the world, bribing them to send in troops,” he told the AP.

Kennedy was one of 23 senators who opposed the resolution last year authorizing Bush to go to war in Iraq.

“Gee, I had that $1.5 billion right here in my pocket when I left the house this morning. Do you take plastic? How about phoney-baloney entries against the national deficit?”

Is no one else scared that of the few DC people making any sense at all, one of them is Kennedy?

-- Hop-Frog