 Off-Topic / Debate / 2215
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:27:00 GMT

I'm answering, even though you adressed this the Chris Weeks:

Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote
"Moz (Chris Moseley)" wrote:
The abortion thing is probably a better example of why hate crimes are worse
than random ones.

You totally dodged my question! Is killing a person an example of total hatred
or not?

No. It is not, and can never be. Simply killing someone is barely scratching the
surface of hatred.

So it is better to kill someone that you don't "hate"?

IMO, yes. "I kill you with regret, because justice demands that it be so" is better
than "cut me off in traffic, would you? <bang>".

The hate part is killing a person, period.

We disagree. If you're not amenable to argument why post?

Call it a banned form of communication, if that makes it easier for you to
see the second crime.
I don't see a crime in thinking thoughts, sorry.

Once again, it is not the thought that is the crime, it is the expression of it.
Saying "to show you I'm serious, I'll kill this innocent passer-by" is a form of
communication (to whoever you spoke that sentence to), as well as murder (of the
passer-by).

Moz