 Off-Topic / Debate / 22103
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:47:37 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:
Well, the "we the people" who wrote our constitution were pretty well
armed, and were in the process of kicking the pants of the oppressors.
MLK did nothing in comparison to the founding fathers. MLK was a very
good man, but what he did only worked because of the foundation laid 200
years ago.

A cynic might even claim that the only reason the civil rights movement
progressed was that a white minister was killed...

See:

http://www.uua.org/news/reeb/nyt030800.html

Frank