 Off-Topic / Debate / 22062
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:35:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

   Ownership is one thing; ownership without responsibility is a different kettle of fish.

I agree with that. Now I am not an NRA member but one of their biggest “causes” (for lack of a better word) is insisting on responsible owenership. They also support mandatory minimum prison sentances for persons who commit crimes with guns. Imagin that, punish the people who commit the crime, not the objects they use. (And don’t even get me started on how a pair of scissors is far more deadly in close quaters.)

“Insisting” is not a word that I think the NRA would use or want you to use. “Insisting” would means that they back mandatory gun safety courses as a precursor to gun ownership, something I don’t believe they back (they want no impediments to actually buying a gun).

And no, scissors aren’t more deadly (note the word “more” - a pencil can be deadly, though I imagine it would take a bit of work to make Lego deadly).

-->Bruce<--