 Off-Topic / Debate / 22034
  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) Citation, please. Dave! (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) Online, I have no idea. Now in the papers, on the radio, on TV there have been numerous citations of studies which indicate that the crime rate as gone down but the brutality of crimes that do happen has increased, giving the overall (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) I would add to that the media slogan "if it bleeds, it leads" in terms of priority of news coverage. At least one study has demonstrated that murder rates have gone down by something like 18% over some recent period of time, but news coverage (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) Living in fear helps us all become good consumers. Have you never heard of Edward Bernase or his uncle? Scott A “I'm proud to be maladjusted and to which I call upon you to continue to be maladjusted." MLK (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)