 Off-Topic / Debate / 22026
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 05:17:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Maddison wrote:
   A) Michael Moore is an idiot. I have yet to find one thing I like about that man. Forget his views and ideals, I think he’s a bad example of a human being.

I don’t know the guy personnally, but one thing I can tell you, he is FAR from being an idiot. In fact, calling him an idiot because you don’t like him and don’t agree to his opinions makes me believe you are probably not as intelligent as he is. But I’m not calling you stupid. Just saying that he sure has a more eloquent way of making his point. As for being a bad example of a human being, I personnally can’t think of worse examples of human being than any Republican President of the USA in the last 40 years. But my knowledge of American History being what it is, it should probably extend to more than that.

   B) I don’t need a gun either. If I woke up tomorrow and didn’t have a gun, I’d keep breathing; the world wouldn’t end. As it stands right now, it’s my right to own them, and I choose to exercise that right. -Chris

Yeah. There are lots of rights you have and don’t choose to exercise. The question is why do you feel you should exercise this perticular right? Why is your right of having a weapon in your home more important to you than the fact that someone could actually use it in a bad way?

Guns don’t kill people, people do, but I’ve yet to see a single bullet fired from someone who didn’t have a gun in his hand to begin with.

Terry