 Off-Topic / Debate / 22018
  Re: It must be just me...

(...) I don't have much time for elaborate conspiracy theories, but something has occurred to me in all of this. Democrats have approved all but a tiny handful of Dubya's judicial appointees, and Republicans are howling about the few who've been (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It must be just me...

(...) I think what *I'm* howling about (to the extent that I'm howling) is the process. In my view, the filibuster has been subverted. In the olden days, if you felt strongly about something, you filibustered and it brought ALL BUSINESS in the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)