 Off-Topic / Debate / 21931
  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Huh. Looks to me like a souped-up personality test indicating 'decisiveness'. There's $1.2m that they coulda done for free. Although granted that decisive people themsleves would be less convinced by such a study unless it had big numbers and (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) 8^) I don't give a lot of credence to interpretive personality assessments, such as psychoanalysis, palmistry, or Myers-Briggs tests, since such tests seem generally to reveal more about the expectations of the reviewers than about the actual (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Heh, I guess I'd agree about the spin they put on the write-up. After all, see how I called it "decisiveness"? You can take "decisive" either positively or negatively. Up to you as the reader. But "fear", "aggression", and "intolerance"? Those (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) By being offensive. Have you stopped beating your wife? ;p James (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)