 Off-Topic / Debate / 21753
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:27:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   Ah. But I don’t live in the USA; I live in Scotland (think Whisky, Haggis, Great Scenery & Rain). Where I live only 1 or 2 home-owners are killed by burglars each year. In 2000 there were a total of 64 (sixy-four) handgun offences in Scotland.

Ah, yes, but death by Claymores was twice that, death by Haggis twice the Claymore rate, and death by Single Malt...don’t even get me started!

...too true. The biggest killer in Scotland is actually the deep-fat-fryer (aka “chip-pan”). When my countrymen boil vegetables... it is usually in lard! Basically, if one can fit a food item in, that’s the way to cook it. This includes:

(yes, I was named after that Bruce)

You’ll have to see this then.

When I was a kid, he was the man. Now it’s William Wallace (I wonder why?). ;(

Scott A

PS: The Whisky is worth the risk... but only if it is Lagavulin... it is almost medicinal.