 Off-Topic / Debate / 21633
  Unjust, unwise, unAmerican

Jul 10th 2003 From The Economist print edition "America's plan to set up military commissions for the trials of terrorist suspects is a big mistake..." Here's the link to the rest of the story but it won't work, I don't think, unless you're a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Unjust, unwise, unAmerican

(...) snip (...) Meanwhile David Hicks (and others) continue to be held without charge in Guantanamo Bay (URL) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Unjust, unwise, unAmerican

(...) side of the Taliban... er, he went to a Taliban training camp. Maybe. Put him in US court and try him, or remand him to Australia. This "Man without a country" schtick is pretty tiresome. (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Unjust, unwise, unAmerican

(...) However, even trial in regular court isn't quite what it used to be... (URL) "If we don't get our way and deny the defendant his right to a fair trial in the normal system, we're just going to take him to Gitmo so we get our way anyway. And (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)