 Off-Topic / Debate / 2143
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:56:34 GMT

<37D72389.74A66C33@io.com> <FHu88B.8It@lugnet.com>

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" wrote:

The milder the bias the harder it is to defend it, or banning it. But
when we're talking serious crime does anyone really believe that killing
abortion doctors is no worse than killing random strangers?

I believe that killing abortion doctors is no worse than killing random
strangers.  Actually, I have rather more respect for the former than the
latter.  Killing strangers just crazy.  Killing people who you believe
to be evil in order to decrease the perpetuation of an evil practice
just makes sense.  I happen to not believe that abortion is all that
bad, so I'm not up for doctor hunting myself, but I respect the
mentality behind it.

IF I believed that abortion were on the same level as murder of a
developed person, I would be incensed by its commonplace.  I might well
take arms against it as a practice.  I have on various occasions
indicated to people who were perpetrating abominable crimes (abuse of a
dog, and abuse of a child) that I was willing to go to _any_ length to
see that they stopped.  I'm not big on taxes, but I take other
responsibilities to society quite seriously.

--Chris