 Off-Topic / Debate / 21377
Re: Yahoo Sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:54:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Max Maxwell wrote:
   Does anyone else out there hate Yahoo, especially Geocities? Their ads are relentless, customer service is non-existant, and replies to complaint and help emails are useless and written from a template! Does anyone agree/disagree with me, or am I alone on this subject?

I disagree. I do not hate Yahoo. I admire them.

Customer support costs money, and it costs a LOT of money to do well. That they can give you any at all for a free to you service, for an advertiser supported service, and still make money is nothing short of miraculous, and therefore admirable.

But I suspect you are not alone in complaining about something that’s free (except for the time you spend reading ads).

XFUT o-t.debate as this is not really a geek question or observation, in my view, it’s a debatable point, and you are asking for debate on it.

++Lar (incidentally curator of off-topic.geek but my opinion is merely one opinion...)