 Off-Topic / Geek / 4372
Re: Yahoo Sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:14:04 GMT

Max Maxwell <r34_v@yahoo.com> wrote:
Does anyone else out there hate Yahoo, especially Geocities? Their ads are
relentless, customer service is non-existant, and replies to complaint and
help emails are useless and written from a template! Does anyone
agree/disagree with me, or am I alone on this subject?

I don't mind them existing, but I avoid them -- there's plenty of better
options for what they provide that aren't so heavily commercialized. It does
annoy me when someone posts on an actually-free mailing list or usenet group
that they've set up a competing Yahoo Group and that everyone should move
there. Um, no thanks.

Yahoo's directory service is also obsolete and basically useless -- notice
that their search form doesn't even default to their own directory anymore!

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>