 Off-Topic / Debate / 21369
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:12:58 GMT

   And yet somehow the power of the gun owners of America failed to thwart this right from the start, or any point along the course. What are you waiting for?

Okay, let me get this straight -- you are angry that I have patience that these things will work themselves out peacefully and without the need for violence and revolution?

So what you are arguing is that I can only be pro-gun if I happen to also think that a gun is THEE solution for every political problem.

Ummm -- no. That’s just nonsense. Sorry to disappoint you.

   So, I’d say, in the final analysis, I have more faith in Jefferson’s overall ideals than those that focus on one aspect and vehemently adhere to it at the cost of the rest.

I really don’t see how you figure this. The system of “checks and balances” is supposed to work -- it was designed to do so. But, the possibility for failure was considered relevant and a fallback plan was planted (or perhaps it is better said that it was “recognized”) at the foundation of our system of government. To the contrary, it is I that favors Jefferson’s OVERALL ideals, you just like all the stuff before we get to the nasty business of the 2nd Amendment. I’m not picking and choosing -- OVERALL I think Jefferson was a genius the likes of which the world has rarely seen.

Hey, he created your country’s national food: macaroni & cheese.

-- Hop-Frog