 Off-Topic / Debate / 21339
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:30:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

   IIRC, the british were worried because they had 120 murders with guns last year.

You might want to double check that number, because it would mean that the murder rate increased since the UK imposed tight gun control laws. Not exactly supportive of your argument. Basiclly all of the data I have seen shows there is no increase or decrease in homicides or the crime in general with or without gun control. So that whole argument is completly invalid.

-Mike Petrucelli

Lets look at homicides due to guns in each situation, shall we? Because you saw something somewhere and the ‘whole arguement is completely invalid’?

Mike, you’re better than that.

Dave K