 Off-Topic / Debate / 21288
    Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...) —Richard Marchetti
   (...) But again, this is just anecdotal. What of the lessons taught by the Warsaw Ghetto? One gun against many. The purpose of keeping arms is hopefully cumulative amongst many partipants, not just a few lone nutters. In quantity, many rifles make a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...) —Dave Schuler
   (...) Heh. Our last gun control exchange ended with us becoming pals. Who knows what would happen next? You're 100% correct that my examples were anecdotal, which was kind of my point, too. You're also right that a quantity of rifles makes a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...) —Richard Marchetti
   (...) But, see -- I don't agree with him either. And the gun, operating as an equalizer, puts at least some political power back into the hands of the meek and peace-loving. Now, I am not advocating revolution -- we are yet far from that I hope (and (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)