 Off-Topic / Debate / 21254
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell wrote:

<snip>

However, I don't think that you can pin any one factor as being the causeative
factor.  For example, using the armed people prevent crime thesis, then how come
Israel has a higher rate of murder (suicide bombing) than Canada?

Or, the US has a higher murder rate per capita than Canada?  Or Australia?

Hey, don't mention capitas or statistics, or comparisons b/w countries, (unless
these stats conform to the predetermined answers of the party in charge) unless
you want to be branded a racist, bigot, anti-American or just a simpleton who
doesn't understand.

Using the theroy (sp) that armed people prevent crimes, it would seem to be
discredited rather quickly by looking at statistics.

James Powell

Dave K