 Off-Topic / Debate / 21205
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:32:14 GMT

   lol what I meant was that his question was completely specious to the topic:-)

How so? I don’t happen to agree with the conclusion being drawn, or at least implied, (that we are either as bad or almost as bad as DPRK... as if!) but the large number of incarcerations among the underclass strikes me as a sign of oppression in this country.

We have more people in jail per capita than the USSR did! If you don’t find that bothersome, that’s bothersome.

   I may come off as a right wing ideologue, but I think I am a little more open-minded then I apparently come off. Actually, it might surprise you to learn that I started off a very liberal kollege student! Perhaps it is just my getting more conservative in my old age:-)

Can’t find the cite right now, so it might be apocryphal, but IIRC, wasn’t it Churchill who said that anyone not in their 20s that wasn’t Liberal hadn’t a heart and anyone in their 30s that wasn’t Conservative hadn’t a brain?

++Lar