 Off-Topic / Debate / 21195
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 05:20:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Terry Prosper wrote:

Um, no. Saying so ain't making it so. Canada has economic issues, and too much
gun control. QED.

Too much gun control?  What are you, a member of the NRA???

That's so stupid!!! I can't believe I just read that!  What's the use of
citizens having weapons???  Shooting each other?  Well, if that's the reason why
criminality is MUCH lower in Canada/Québec than in the US, why our streets are
safe for everyone at night, why we had only one major shooting (one too much)
here while I've stopped counting the ones in the USA (too many there too, mind
you), I prefer total gun control.

Oh dang, and here I agree, but in the meantime with all those wild-eyed
Libertarians out there, should I get the Springfield XD-9, or the Glock 19?

As for economic issues, well, the US/CDN maney exchange rate has been getting
more and more profitable for us lately, so I'd say US is the one with economic
issues.  Especially here in Québec, we have absolutely no effects of the
recession happening everywhere else in America for 2-3 years now.

And Canada has free health care for everyone.  And a much less terrible poverty
rate than in US.  And true democraty too.  And we don't go around the world
bombing other countries for WMD that don't exist...

No wait, it wasn't about WoMD, it was about the Al Qeada terroist link!  We
can't prove that one either?  Ummmmm, Saddam was a dictator threatening his
neighbors?  He was a threat to our security?  He wets his bed?  We'll think of
something...I bet the French are behind this...
;-)

-->Bruce<--