 Off-Topic / Debate / 21159
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:09:36 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Spencer Nowak wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote: http://news.telegraph.co.uk/core/Content/displayPrintable.jhtml;$sessionid$Q240PSM2KFBM3QFIQMFSFFWAVCBQ0IV0?xml=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F06%2F08%2Fwkor08.xml&site=5

“Pieces of ‘special’ meat are displayed on straw mats for sale. People know where they came from, but they don’t talk about it.”

Sad beyond words to encompass.

-- Hop-Frog

Dam right! what makes it even sadder is that the ruler lives in opulence while his people suffer and die.

Kinda like Dubya...

Oops, did I infer that Dubya’s a despotic ruler ignoring the plight of his people? Oh wait, that’s exactly what I meant--no inference necessary.

He’s not exactly a despot on the level of KIS. Not yet, anyway.

The trend points in that direction, though. Live in the US? Vote Libertarian, because the demopublicans ain’t stoppin’ the trend, not neither of ‘em. Or, if you don’t like semi futile gestures, vote with your feet (1) or plan revolution (2)... Or just go back to your vids.

1 - except where else is better? nowhere. Not yet anyway, 2 - messy and failureprone.

++Lar