 Off-Topic / Debate / 2098
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:25:14 GMT

Scott, I'm really sorry about this, but you're all wet.

I will not debate you about the incidence of crime among various groups.
It IS higher for some groups than others.

Where there is an issue is in the fact that the sentences given out seem
to discriminate against some groups. You haven't addressed that
point, which is the point under debate.

Is it or is it not discrimination to give dissimular sentences for
identical crimes to criminals with identical records and circumstances
except for skin color?

Please answer that specific question.

lugnet.