 Off-Topic / Debate / 20955
  Educational Priorities

"'Reading Rainbow' fights for survival" (URL) YORK (AP) -- In a plea for the life of "Reading Rainbow," host LeVar Burton returned to a familiar setting: the stage where he picked up the PBS show's seventh Emmy Award for best children's television (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Educational Priorities

(...) It tells me that a television show these days must entertain as well as educate. Unfortunately no matter how hard I try to get my son to watch this show, he simply will not. He has been able to read since he was three, but finds this show (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)