 Off-Topic / Debate / 20806
Re: WMD: Yes or No?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 17:43:15 GMT

When I raised the Mystery of the Missing W.M.D. recently,

Patience is a virtue:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22694-2003May6.html

JOHN

The 'smoking gun', as it were...

The truck was cleaned with bleach so they can't find any traces of bio
weapons.  Let's find the flaw in that logic--

"Hey Iraqi Official 1--The Americans are going to invade--we want to show
that we weren't making WoMD by eliminating traces of our bio-weapons
program--what should we do with this here bio-weapon truck?"

"Well Iraqi Official 2--we should scrub the truck with bleach, which may not
eliminate all traces of bio agents and leave the 'tools' we were using
intact for those dastardly Americans to find easily, as opposed to say, just
destroying truck."

If anyone finds WoMD today (and this cite isn't it), after all this time, k,
you found 'em.  Congratulations!  Nicely done!  Could they have been gotten
without the war?  Without the loss of life?  Without the destruction?
Without the Americans disregarding the UN?

I'm not 'black helicopter' guy--I'm not saying that this truck is a plant to
justify the war.  But I highly suspect that, today, Dubya, et al, are going
to look for *anything* to vindicate their original premise--that Iraqi was
an *imminent* threat to you Americans.

That these supposed thousands upon thousands of WoMD devices haven't turned
up *at all*, and now we're pointing to empty trucks as evidence--whatever.

And I still haven't heard CNN or any other slanted 'Merican news source,
retract the statement--"Near the end of the war the Iraqis will use these
non-existant WoMD as a final defence, when they have no other option" (that
line still bugs me for other reasons).  Well, Dubya declared the war over,
and no WoMD was used by the Iraqis.  Retract away folks.

Saying that they ahd the ability to make WoMD is another issue all together--
By the way, going on record here--I have diesel fuel in the garage and
fertlizer in the shed out back--I must be planning on making a bomb, or have
made bombs in my past.

Just because we have the ability to do something, doesn't mean we are
actually *going* to do it.  And that also doesn't constitute a 'clear and
present danger'--it can't be imminent if nothing's ready to go.

Dave K