 Off-Topic / Debate / 20569
Re: La belle province
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:33:32 GMT

I noticed the examples you gave were from nations where democracy was
inexistent at the time of the breakup. So I ask: is a democratic nation
immune to separatism?

Not sure what you mean by immune in this context. Some democratic nations
have resisted mightily. The US Civil War was at least partly about
separatism.

  True, but the US was hardly even partly democratic at the time (except on
paper)!

     Dave!