 Off-Topic / Debate / 20276
  Re: Hotel Palestine

(...) A clever idea, but a common misconception: after tens of thousands of years of people existing, most of us are still pretty stupid - at least some of the time (hey, I persist in posting to o-t.d!). The long run must be pretty long indeed! (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hotel Palestine

(...) Actually, I'd say we're pretty smart. In reality, I think the average person doesn't have much care for most of what goes on in the world because it simply doesn't really effect them (see my earlier discussion on the total impact to me (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Stupid People (was Re: Hotel Palestine)

(...) Probably true. But Larry's assertion was that stupid people getting themselves killed was 'evolution in action'. Assuming that when Larry says 'evolution' he means 'evolution [of something] through natural selection', I see no evidence that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)