 Off-Topic / Debate / 20122
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:24:24 GMT

Bingo.  That is exactly what I meant.  I believe that the US is unique and
special; a shining example of Freedom to the world.  I am proud to be an
American, and I believe all Americans should be proud of their country and
grateful for living in it.  Because of our greatness, I believe we have a
special responsibility to the world to make it a better and safer place.  We
are unlike any other nation.

from enother message:

But victory over the Iraqi resistance isn't the objective.  It is the means to
an end, which is the liberation of the Iraqi people from a repressive and evil
regime.  We are only fighting those who resist and defend SH's regime.  The sad
part is that there are many Iraqi soldiers who have been led to believe that
they are fighting to defend Iraqi soil, which is honorable.  But we don't want
their soil, oil, or spoil.  We want a strong, free, democratic Iraq.

I always believed that the 'merican sterotype (arrogant, ignorant, self
centric), that every foreigner (to US) is familiar enough, is just a
comically exaggerated unreality. At least I know too many american friends
here who  strenghten my belief.

But, john,.. You are REAL!

Selçuk