 Off-Topic / Debate / 19957
  best way to minimise civilian casualties?

Some pundits have been advocating that the best way to minimise civilian casualties in this war (taking as a given that it has started and that it will be seen through to the end one way or another) is to win quickly even if horrifically... the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: best way to minimise civilian casualties?

I think I heard Rumsfeld was considering using non-lethal chemical weapons. It would be both illegal and rather ironic; but it *may* deliver the desired result with reduced civilian deaths. (...) ... if the letters page is on-line, it is normally (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: best way to minimise civilian casualties?

(...) Baghdad with the hope of bringing the Republican Guard to action in the open, where it can be devastated by the overwhelming firepower of the American armoured units and air force." Or we could just lure them all out into the desert and drop a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)