 Off-Topic / Debate / 19835
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:43:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Well alrighty then. Yet another case where people should be held responsible
for their actions but probably won't.

Ah, who knows?  I think it bears far greater investigation but our press is
asleep at the wheel.  I can't even watch CNN anymore, and is Fox is a bloody
joke. There's still some hard-hitting stuff on the web, but you have to dig
a little -- sometimes a lot.

Those computerized voting systems sound good up front, but will more than
likely end up being a nightmare of untold proportions.  Being software
based, and since the software is probably proprietary -- well, hopefully you
can see where this is going...

Our system requires "checks and balances" -- no one is 100% correct all of
the time, no single authority exists for any matter in government.  I think
this is at least some of what is collapsing under the pretense of protecting
the security of the state -- the final check is us, the people. And we
simply lack the information necessary to make informed decisions.  Heck,
most people don't even care.  Note how many people still think there is
connection between AQ and SH -- and this when it's right there on the white
house's webpage that no such connection is claimed!

The north american game preserve. Where the John Neals breed like rats.

-- Hop-Frog