 Off-Topic / Debate / 19467
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:34:09 GMT

For crying out loud a US military court gives someone more rights than the
current International Court does

It does? Not if you're an "enemy combatant".

  My understanding is that "enemy comabatant" is a term coined by the Dubya
administration as a convenient way of referring to people that the admin
found inconvenient.  Since no war has been formally declared, the US can
(nominally) claim not to be subject to the Geneva convention regarding
prisoners of war, but since Dubya has all but delared that the war on terra
will last indefinitely, these de facto prisoners of war can be held
indefinitely.  Very nice.

Dulce et decorum est...

     Dave!