 Off-Topic / Debate / 19330
    Re: And now for something completely different... —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) ACTUALLY, that question was in responce to the statement: "You haven't done your research." Implying I should have already done some research on "what's being proposed," whatever that means. (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: And now for something completely different... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Lets try to go all the way back to the beginning. Dave K started a thread asking a hypothetical about whether a person would want to know if an asteroid was coming. Some people responded to that question but mostly we've got off track. We're (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: And now for something completely different... —Scott Arthur
     (...) ACTUALLY, you do need to do your research! You are not the first person to note Larry’s willingness to demand others “provide a cite” whilst leaving his own arguments unsubstantiated. Nor is this the first time that Larry has resorted to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: And now for something completely different... —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) The deal with research is that you never know what ancillary technologies will crop up from it. You can smirk at Coke in space all you want, but the "test the feasibility of creating...carbonated beverages in space" part sounds like (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: And now for something completely different... —Dave Schuler
     (...) Though I've said before that I support space exploration in its own right (without needing a penny-for-penny justification), I'm not sure about the 1000 fecund technologies bred by the space program. Am I just being dense? I mean, are these (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: And now for something completely different... —David Koudys
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Very true "(URL) you want to know if a giant 'planet killer' asteroid was heading straight for earth? Tough question for me. If I knew, I'd probably quit my job and spend my last few (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)