 Off-Topic / Debate / 18840
    Re: Poverty myths? —David Eaton
   (...) In my utterly limited study of dynamic systems analysis, I remember several examples (most of which I forget the specifics of, tho remember the jist) where the 'gut reaction' was to help people/societies/etc by giving money/aid/etc, which just (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Poverty myths? —David Koudys
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) I can't remember the day, but I was watching "live, on television" when the world broke 5 billion folks. They had this counter going up like a Lotto or something... Like wow, we have 5 (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Poverty myths? —Pedro Silva
   (...) There are two other indicators that can be of help here: the "age pyramid" (dividing the population in classes of 5 years), and the "Active-to-passive" ratio. This last one takes into account the contribute of the immigrants to the society, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)